Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Big Little Man


Logan woke up Friday morning with a crick in his neck. He was quite fussy at first and hurting. Throughout the morning he was very cautious and wanted me to carry him everywhere. When I asked him if he wanted to put ice on it he said "No I just want ice water" So throughout the day when it would hurt he would cry for his ice water cup "to make it better" I also have been doing a lot of massaging per Logan's request. We had a good day together. I was concerned about it but he seemed to act normal besides the cautiousness and holding his neck stiff. I held off giving him Motrin to make sure he did not spike a fever. No fever all day so I gave him Motrin and he slept well last night. This morning he woke up better but throughout the day has cried about it hurting. From my research I guess he is having spasms and it may last a few days. I have to admit it has been frustrating not being able to fix it for him. Poor little man. I pray that it goes away soon. I guess if he is not better by Monday we will call the doctor. Above is a picture of him yesterday on the couch nursing his neck. You can see the smirk on his face knowing Mommy was taking his picture.


Who would not want to wake up to this face. He makes the silliest faces!


My smart boy! Logan continues to amaze us. He is doing so well. He continues to learn how to spell new words and knows all of his letter sounds and enjoys sounding words out. He also just puts random letters together and sounds out his made up word. Since his neck was hurting today and movement makes it worse he got to play on the computer. He was so excited. It amazes me how well he can navigate and us the mouse. Billy asked as I was taking this picture, Is is wrong that our two year old is using the computer? I did not really know the answer but it is definitely a thing he will need to know so I guess it is never to early to learn. We just can't make it an all day thing :)


Thursday night Logan asked Billy to take his picture before dinner. He was all smiles.


Logan is such a great big brother. He is not overly concerned about Andrew but always makes sure he is being taken care of. It is so sweet when he gives Andrew a hug. It is a true embrace even with patting on the back. It melts my heart to see. He also enjoys holding him and randomly asks to do so throughout the day. As you can see in the picture above Andrew adores his big brother as well.


Logan has been working on writing. He enjoys tracing the letters and shapes. He traces very well. Above is a sample of his work he did all by himself. Below you can see how proud he was of it. Mommy and Daddy were very proud too.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow Logan! You are so smart. I am impressed. I love you!

Amber said...

m m nmnnnnbnnnnnn

That is from Luke. We are sorry you were hurting and hope you are doing much much better!