Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VBS 2009




Logan was not so sure about VBS at first this year. We arrived early for a meeting. During the meeting the puppets were practicing. Logan went crazy. He did not want to go into the auditorium and broke out into tears when he saw some of the workers dressed up in Bible characters. I calmed him down and tried to explain to him about the happening of VBS (songs, puppets, classes, skits, crafts, COOKIES, etc) and that he needed to mind and follow his teacher. When time came to start VBS he sat with his class and seemed ok, but when it was time to walk to his class he again started crying. Billy took him and sat with him during class. Then after class it was snack and playtime. Of course he loved that part. Mr Jeff then took over for Billy and helped Logan with crafts. It was then time to go back to the auditorium. Logan once again did not want to go and was afraid of the puppets. I did get him to go into the auditorium with a promise he could sit near the back with me. Sitting next to me he enjoyed the puppets. I was afraid of what the rest of the week of VBS would hold for Logan but amazingly he did great the rest of the nights. He stayed with his class, participated and even was singing along with the puppets by the end of the week. I guess he just needed to warm up a little and figure it all out. The second day he came up to me after VBS and said "Mommy I enjoyed the puppets" with the biggest smile on his face. It melted my heart.
I did registration this year so Andrew got to hang out with me in the stroller and greet the kids.


No comments: