Sunday, January 25, 2009

Andrew is One Month Old






I cannot believe that Andrew is one month old already. He has grown so much. We went to visit the nurses where I work and also to weigh Andrew. He weighed 10 lbs 10.5 oz. clothed and diaper on. Wow he is growing fast!! He holds his head up very well even though it does still wobble and can turn his head from side to side while on his tummy. He has started to follow toys with his eyes and loves it when we talk to him. He has the sweetest little grins. He is sleeping pretty well at night with only waking up to eat every 3-6 hrs and after a diaper change normally goes right back to sleep. He prefers his tummy to sleep. We tried the side and back thing for awhile but after fussiness and crying occurred over and over we flipped him over. He sleeps so much better on his tummy and even enjoys being awake on his tummy. He takes a long (3-4 hr) afternoon nap but in the morning and evening mainly wants to be held chest to chest and sucking on his pacifier. He loves this position and the front carrier has been a lifesaver when trying to get housework done and taking care of Logan. Andrew just straps in and "hangs"out with Mommy. As the second child he has taken some "extra love" and "care" from Logan with stride and seems to not be too bothered by it. Andrew is such a blessing to our family and I am looking forward to the changes and growth to come yet I desire just to cherish each moment with him and I thank God each day for such a wonderful gift. I love my little boy!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Great pictures. Jonathan, Luke and I enjoyed watching the video. He has changed so much! I love you Andrew.