Friday, May 15, 2009

Beach Bummed


I was feeling really "bummed" that we were not able to go see family so we decided to make the best of it and head to the beach. We have lived very close to the beach for the past 7 years and I think this was my second maybe third time to go. It is a lot of fun to be able to drive onto the beach.


Logan was so excited but kept asking where Gramps, Nanalyn, Auntie Am, Uncle Jonathan and Luke were. (we have been talking a lot about our up coming beach vacation in June) He and Billy were out of the car in no time and headed straight for the waves. I was happy to see that Logan loved it and had not reservations at all.

Andrew and I hung out by the car most of the time. Andrew loved the ocean breeze. We did venture out to join Billy and Logan and I got my legs in the water. Andrew however stayed dry. Maybe next time he will experience the ocean water. We went at 2pm and since I was not able to put sunscreen on Andrew I tried to keep him in the shade most of the time. We only stayed for just over an hour, but it was lots of fun. We ended up getting a year long beach pass so hopefully we will get a chance to go again.


BIlly and Logan enjoying the waves


Logan loved the water and the sand.


Billy took Logan out to "catch some waves" while I tried to hold back my nervous Mom feelings. Billy did have a good point the water was only up to his mid calf :)


Logan had to come show me how dirty he was. He loved to play in the sand. I however was not too fond of his love for kicking it.


Billy teaching Logan how to wash the sand off.


Logan loving being splashed by Billy

The beach was not very crowded. It was nice to have our own little section.


Andrew decked out in his beach gear :) Reaching to get down and wishing he could run with Logan.

1 comment:

Amber said...

You took great pictures. I am looking forward to seeing it for myself in June!