Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ode to my Honda Civic



You have been a good car. I remember when we first met. I had just returned from Africa and was too overwhelmed to even call you mine. You were beautiful. Red with tan interior. I was a first time driver of a new car and very particular. I would not let anyone eat in you. I think it is safe to say I was a little over protective. I would not even let food in you. I can still remember the looks I would receive when I would get out at the drive thru and put the food in the trunk. I will not forget the many rides we took together during my college days. Good memories! You even attended my wedding. You endured the decorating and carried Billy and I away as a newly married couple. You continued to be faithful throughout our marriage. I remember packing you full and evacuating for a hurricane. It was a long 24+hr trip, but you and I did it and made it safe to Austin. After having two children we started driving you less but still knew you were strong. Billy and I both would take you back and forth to work and you always got us there. You have been a great car. I am saddened to say that your taking us places is no more. However please know that I will be forever grateful for you service and loyalty. Thank you for being God's instrument in keeping Billy safe. You will be missed.



1 comment:

Amber said...

I have tears in my eyes. You can drive her sister anytime you want!